Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Selection Reflection

To help me study for the Grade 11 Applied math exam.
The first thing that we worked on was "Systems Of Linear Equations," we did alot of graphing for that with that Graphmatica program and using our Graphing calculators.
The next thing we learned was about was how to solve Linear Equations algebraically by a method called the "Substitution Method" which was pretty easy once you get to know how to do it correctly. Then Mr. Maksymchuk showed us another method called, "Addition/Subtraction" method which was alot quicker to solve problems with.
We learned about the names of the different systems, "Inconsistent," "Consistent," and "Dependant." Later on we started Accelerated Math, I found this alot easier to use because it was multiple choice xD. We learned about solving "Word Problems" and various ways to solve them, I wasn't so good at these "Word Problems" so I should look back on them, I don't know how to use that excel program for them either... All of the work we do on the computers and using graphing calculators is new to me because I never took a grade 10 Applied math course, I took grade 10 precalculus twice :P. I hope to do well in this class and pass it. I hope this post will help me in the future, when I look back on this. Yeah!!!

No comments: