Monday, October 6, 2008

selection reflection

This is a reminder of the first unit to remind myself, and possibly help me study for the exam. Maybe it'll help you to.
Our first unit was about solving systems of linear equations. We moved into learning about how we can solve them and different ways to find answers. Going over the substitution method, and then the addition subtraction method, I think i had a decent handle on both of them. Being a former precalc kid, it came kindof easily... it was the calculator, and the computer that i had to get used to.(As wierd as that sounds.)
Learning about the different types of systems (consistant, inconsistant, and dependent) was ok, after some repetition it was easy to remember. Accelerated math is helping me stay on track, last year I was way behind in almost everything, hense the fact i almost failed...
I have a handle on this unit, and i did pretty well on the test. The word problem quiz scared me because I wasn't very confident in what i was doing, at all.. but after the quiz was finished I feel better about those kinds of questions. (it wouldn't hurt to keep those notes close by for the exam though.)
So far, i feel pretty good, and i think ill be ok when it comes to the exam. At least if i need help studying, ill always have the blog to look back on.

No comments: